Version 0.1.0 of the EMC Extension has finally been released. The release has had several different types of delays, which pushed its expected release by weeks.
Version 0.1.0 goes into 2 new directions, which may bring benefits in different ways, but the term “Feature Creep” starts to appear as well. I will see how these new features go, before deciding to expand them, or leave them, or remove them completely.
More Information: Click to see v0.1.0 Release Information
New Features / Updates
- NEW: Licensing Page becomes more apparent now for first time uses. Email Address is now REQUIRED.
- NEW: Menu Bar revamped due to new features.
- NEW: Global – Hover Popups – Now includes Credit Cards, Orders, Subscription, Subscription Charge Records.
- NEW: Bulk Tag Category Movement.
- NEW: Integration – Financial – Xero Software is now supported, although the options mainly extends Xero.
- NEW: Developer Tools – Several different tools to help API Software Developers.
- FIX: Integration – Avatars – Facebook – Internal error was being reported for empty custom fields.
- FIX: Opportunity Record – File Box and Orders tabs were not showing the Hover Previews due to recent Infusionsoft changes.
Direction 1 – Extending into other Products
The New Integration – Financial feature for the Xero Software is the first direction change for the EMC Extension. It basically brings Hover Popups to the Contacts, Invoices, and Bills Sections to Xero. Depending on the task you are doing this may help productivity in Xero.
But, EMC was designed to extend Infusionsoft, which the New Financial section still does with the Invoice Hover Popup option. The Invoice Hover Popup can be switched between Xero and Infusionsoft. When it is set to Infusionsoft, it will show Infusionsoft Invoices with the Xero Software.
Although this feature is experimental, and has cavaets at the moment. Only one Infusionsoft Application Account can be using the Integration Financial feature, and you must have Infusionsoft logged in at the same time. Also, the Reference Number for the Invoice in Xero must contain Infusionsoft Invoice ID for it to work properly.
If in the future a non-Infusionsoft product requires a lot more features, then a separate Extension will be written to deal with it. Otherwise the EMC Extension will unnecessarily become software bloat!
Direction 2 – Developers Tools
The second direction that EMC goes into is for Infusionsoft API Developers. A set of Developers Tools has been added to make it easier whilst developing or investigating Infusionsoft.
- Application Settings – View Infusionsoft Application Settings.
- Table Count – View the total number of records in each API Table.
- Table Explorer – View all the data in each API Table.
- Table References – View a diagram showing all the API Table References.
- Saved Searches – View Saved Searches that have been setup in Infusionsoft.
The most popular tool that will be used will more likely be the Table Explorer as it allows you view the API Table Data.
The Developers Tools will be expanded in the future with further tweaks and sections.