The Facebook Integration feature basically allows you to see which people in Facebook are linked to your Infusionsoft Account.
Please follow the instructions below to set up the Integration correctly.
- Go into your Infusionsoft Account,
- Go to the “Contacts” page.
- Click on the “Start Over” button to start a new Contact Search.
- Click on the “Misc Criteria” tab.
- Enter in the “Facebook” field the percentage symbol, e.g.: %
Note, it is important that the Search filters only Contacts that have Facebook information.
- Click on the “Columns” tab.
- Make sure the following Columns are present, e.g.: Id, Email, First Name, Last Name, Name, Tags Ids, Facebook, Last Updated.
Note, if you are using Custom Fields to store the Facebook data, select the Custom Field.
- In the Sort By option, select “Last update Descending“, the Then By field can be deselected.
- Click on the “Search” button to run the search.
- When the results appear, click on the “Save” button.
- A popup will appear asking you to specify the name of the Search, type in a name, e.g.: Facebook.
- Click on the “Save” button, and the search will appear in the drop down at the top right of the page.
- For the next part, you now need to set up EMC.
- Click on the EMC Icon in Chrome, and go the “Options” section.
- Go to the “Integration – Facebook” page.
- In the Navigation bar, make sure your Infusionsoft Account is selected.
If this is not present, then you need to go to the “Infusionsoft – Application Accounts” section to set this up. You also need to provide the API details as well. Click here to follow the instructions.
- To enable the Facebook Integration, select “Yes” from the dropdown.
- The next part you need to configure is the Infusionsoft Saved Search. In the “Saved Search” dropdown select the search you recently setup in Infusionsoft.
Note, if you do not see anything listed, make sure you have set up your API connection.
- In the “Facebook Field” dropdown, select the field that contains the Facebook data.
- The “Type of Facebook Field” dropdown can be left as “Link“.
If you are storing the Names of Facebook users, instead of their links, then select “Name” from the dropdown.
- In the final part of the page, you will see the “Facebook Pages Setup” section. This will contain a default page setup for all Facebook Pages. Next to the people’s names in Facebook, this will just show an icon for Linked Contacts, and an icon for Non-Linked Contacts.
- To test if everything is working, click on the “Save Options” button.
- Go to Facebook, and press the “Refresh” button in your Browser.
- Depending how many Contacts there is in the Saved Search, it could take a few seconds for the icons to appear in Facebook.
- If all is okay, then you should start seeing the icons next to people names in Facebook.
- Go to the next section below if you need to tweak any of the options further.
Facebook Pages Setup
By default all the Facebook Pages will show the icons next to people’s names. If you want just a Group or Page to be filtered on, go to the “Facebook Page” dropdown and select “Custom Pages“.
In the example picture below, the EMC Facebook Group has been added into the Page URL.
If you need to add in more than one Facebook Page, just click on the “+” button to enter another URL.
If need to keep a track of what the setup does, you can enter information in the “Description“, but is entirely optional.
If you would like to see an icon in which Tags the contact has been assigned to, you can enter this in the “Tag Pictures” options. Just enter the Infusionsoft Tag ID or IDs (Comma Separated), and the Picture URL.
Note, pictures are resized to 12 x 12 pixels to fit nicely within the Facebook page.
Action – There is just one Action you can assign to the Tag which is to open the Contact Record.
Hover Text – If you need to keep track of what the Tag means, enter text in the Hover Text field. When you hover your mouse pointer on the Icon in Facebook, it will show the text in a popup.
Picture URL – Specify the URL (Web Address) of where the picture resides. It is recommended that you use small icon pictures, as anything larger will get resized. Example website that contains many icons – https://www.iconfinder.com/
The “Linked Contacts” and “Non-Linked Contacts” options allow you to specify what pictures to show, and what actions you would like to perform.
For the Non-Linked Contacts you have several different actions you can perform, which can open the Add Contact page, or Contacts Search page, or fill the Quick Search box.
The “Areas to Show Pictures‘ allows you to specify which places within Facebook you would like to see the pictures.
If you have a complex setup with Facebook Pages and Infusionsoft Tags, you can add another Facebook Page Setup. This will create another block with the same Options above, but giving you the flexibility to do something different for that Infusionsoft Page.
When you have finished, click on the “Save Options” button, then go to the Facebook page, and click on the “Refresh” button in your Browser. EMC will need to run the Saved Search again and redo the display with the selected options.
Note, when you select different pages in Facebook, EMC will check the Names and apply the Icons directly. It does not run the Saved Search again, it is only done when you refresh the page.
Duplicate Contact Icons
If your Infusionsoft has more than one Contact with the same Facebook Link, then you will see another set of icons appearing next to the person name separated with a “/” symbol.
Saved Search Failures
It is possible for the Saved Search to fail during execution and not show anything within Facebook. If something is not working, go into EMC – “Developers” section, then to “Saved Searches“. Select the Facebook Saved Search and navigate through the pages. If a page fails to appear, then there is a problem with Infusionsoft returning the data.
The problem that has been spotted is that Infusionsoft will timeout when returning the data. This requires speaking to Infusionsoft Support to see what the problem is.