Tag Markers is a feature that extends Infusionsoft Tags to contain Picture and Audio Markers.
Here is an example of what are Tag Markers. In the Contact Record picture below, you will see additional icons next to the contact name.
This gives you an indication of some important information for the Contact. You can use them to identify Members, VIPs, Payment Failures, or anything else that comes to mind.
Before You Start
Before you can use the Tag Markers, make sure you have configured your Infusionsoft Account in the “Infusionsoft – Application Accounts”.
You just only need to add the Application Name, as the API Key is not important to use this. Although there is other parts of the Extension that requires the API Key to be used.
Make sure that the Infusionsoft Account is selected at the top in Options.
Activating the Tag Markers
To activate the Tag Markers you need to go into Extension Options, then to “Infusionsoft – Global – Tag Markers”.
Then in the “Tag Markers” drop down, select the Marker type, and Save the Options.
Although I believe that 99% of Infusionsoft Users will use the Picture Markers, as the Audio Markers sounds a bit overkill (excuse the pun).
Configuring the Tag Markers
There is 2 places where you can setup the Tag Markers.
(1). Infusionsoft Add / Edit Tag Page. One or two new fields will appear on the page, as shown in the picture below.
Clicking on the Speaker icon will play the Audio beep.
(2). Alternatively, you can configure the Tag Markers in the Options page as well.
Obtaining Pictures and Sounds
If you need to get some free Pictures and Sounds, try the following websites below.
You need to use your browser to retrieve the URL for the required file. Alternatively, just down the files onto your computer, and upload them onto your website.
NOTE: It is recommended that you use pictures that are 32 x 32 pixels in size, as they are the biggest ones use in the Contact / Company Record.
To obtain the Icon URL in the Icon Finder website, you need to do the following:
- Go to the Icon Finder website – https://www.iconfinder.com/
- Find an Icon you would like to use.
- Click on the icon, so that it gives you the further options.
- Right click on the icon to bring up the menu. Click on the “Copy Image Address” menu option.
- Go to Infusionsoft Tags page, and paste the URL into the Picture URL field for that Tag.
- Save the Tag.
- When you visit the Contact Record, it should now appear if they have that Tag assigned to them.
Importing / Exporting Tag Markers
The Options has a section to import and export the Tag Markers. Although most users will not need to use this, but it becomes beneficial for companies that have several Infusionsoft Users.
If you need for everyone in your company to see the same Tag Markers, someone needs to first configure the Tag Markers.
Then the person exports the Tag Markers, and uploads the file onto a web server. The URL link of the file is obtained, and passed to the other users.
The other users paste the URL into the “Primary List URL” and press the “Save & Import” button. The Tag Markers are then added into their Extension Options.
If someone makes a change to the Primary List file in the future, all the users have to do is to press the “Save & Import” button again.
NOTE: If using the Primary List the website needs to allow the Extension access to read the file, otherwise an internal “No ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ header is present” error is raised. The workaround would be to use the “Import Tag Markers” feature instead.
Instructions in setting up the Primary List
- Configure the Tags you would like to have Markers against. Just follow the instructions on this page.
- Click on the “Export Tag Markers” button. A text file will now be downloaded.
- Upload the Text file to a website, or a cloud drive that allows files to be shared, eg: Dropbox.
- Get the URL (Web Address) to the Tag Markers file.
- In your other users EMC Extensions, go into the Tag Markers Options page.
- Paste the URL into the Primary List URL field.
- Click on the “Save & Import” button, and the Tags should appear for that user.
If you plan to make modifications, just download the file again, and upload it to the same place again.
Your users will need to go back into the Tag Markers Options and press the “Save & Import” button again.
Pages and Requirements to see the Tag Markers
Here are the pages in Infusionsoft where you see the Tag Markers. Some pages will require some additional change to make it work.
– Contact Record – Will work straight away.
– Company Record – Will work straight away.
– Contacts – Will work straight away.
– Companies- Requires the “Tag Ids” column to be present in the Data Table. By default the Tag Markers will appear next to the right of the Company Name.
– Other Tables- Requires the “Tag Ids” column to be present in the Data Table. By default the Tag Markers will appear next to the right of the Contact Name.
Contact, Company, Data Tables Tag Marker Options
These 3 Sections within the Tag Marker Options allow you to configure where the Tag Markers should appear.
The Options have been designed to place the Tag Markers in the most appropriate fields.
Example picture below shows the Tag Markers appearing next to the Name.