The Contact Record Section has many options that you can configure for the page.
Auto Show Tab
Infusionsoft has one option within the User Settings to specify which Tab to open on the Lower Tabs (Second Row), but none for the Upper Tab!
The Extension Upper and Lower Tab Options give you flexibility of setting either of the two tabs. You can also set it to remember the Last Selected Tab, so the next time you visit the Contact Record, it will automatically go to the tab.
The “Automatically Click on Tab When Mouse Pointer is Over it” option allows you to save clicking on tabs, by just hovering the mouse pointer over the tab instead. You can specify the delay in seconds in automatically clicking on the tab.
Upper / Lower Tab Display
These two sets of Display options allow you to control the display of the Upper and Lower Tabs of the Contact Record. You can change the Tab Name, place an Icon, or hide the Tab completely from view.
To customise a Tab, you just enter the name of the Tab in the “Tab” field, then select how you would like it to be displayed. In the Display drop down you have these options: (Infusionsoft Default), Title, Icon, Icon and Title, and Hide. When you use Title or Icon and Title, you enter the new name of the Tab in the “Title” field. When you use Icon or Icon and Title, you enter the URL to the picture you would like to display. If you Hide the tab, you will not have access to it.
Note, pictures should be confined to 16×16 pixels in size. You can place larger pictures, but this is discouraged as it will alter the display of the Tab.
Note, HTML elements can be placed within the Title field. This is useful if you need to highlight a Tab for a particular reason, as like in the example below where the General tab appears in red.
Example of how the Upper Tab looks after it is has been customised.
The Button Bars Options allow you to setup button bars for the Top, Middle, and Bottom of the Contact Record page. When activated you can assign specific buttons that do specific tasks on the page.
An example of how the Options can be configured. To quickly set up some buttons, just select the Action, and press the “+” button to add in another button.
Action – The following buttons can be added to the page.
- Add Appointment – Opens the Popup.
- Add Credit Card – Shows the Credit Card Popup.
- Add Order – Opens the New Order page.
- Add Subscription – Opens the New Subscription page.
- Add Task – Opens the Popup.
- Form Submissions – Jumps to the Forms Submissions section.
- FTP – Opens a FTP Connection (See more info below).
- Notes – Jumps to the Notes section.
- Notes – View all – Opens the Popup.
- Page – Bottom – Jumps to the Bottom of the Page.
- Page – Top – Jumps to the Top of the Page.
- Quick Sale – Shows a dropdown allowing you to do a quick sale of a Product.
- Recent Email History – Jumps to the Recent Email History section.
- Send Email – Opens the Popup.
- Tabs – Upper – Jumps to the Upper Tabs.
- Tabs – Lower – Jumps to the Lower Tabs.
- Website – Opens a Website URL(See more info below).
Display – The Button Display can be configured to show Text, Icon, or Icon and Text. The Result of the configuration will appear to the right of the row you are on.
Text – The Text to appear for the Button, it will override the default button text.
Icon URL – The URL for the icon to show in the button.
Note, for the Icon to work correctly, you need to provide a URL (Web Address) to the picture you would like to see.
FTP – When selecting the “FTP” action, you will be presented with further options which are related to FTP activity. You can specify the Host, Username, Password, Port and Paths. This information can be obtained via the Contact Record or Opportunity Record Custom Fields. If you need to specify a more hardcoded value, then use the “Custom Value” option, and specify the information in the “Custom” field. When clicking on the FTP button, it will open a new tab and make a FTP connection to the host.
Website – When selecting the “Website” action, you will be presented with a different set of options. You can specify the URL and Parameters. This information can be obtained via the Contact Record or Opportunity Record Custom Fields. If you need to specify a more hardcoded value, then use the “Custom Value” option, and specify the information in the “Custom” field. When clicking on the Website button, it will open a new tab and open the URL.
The General Tab Options allow you to setup the Duplicate Name Checking, Duplicate Email Checking, and change the appearance of the Tags List.
Name and Email
Please see the Duplicates Check Knowledge Base page for more information.
There is several options for the Tag List, that will change the behaviour of the display and interaction of the tag list.
Layout – There are 3 different options to change the layout of the Tag List.
Infusionsoft Default – Example of the layout for comparison purposes.
Table List – Example of the layout, which shows full Tag Names, and colors the alternative rows.
Tag Category Grouping – Example of the layout.
Appearance – There are 3 different options to change the appearance of the Tag List.
Infusionsoft Default – Example of the layout for comparison purposes.
Hide Tags – Where no Tag List is shown.
Scrollable – The Tag List is shown in a scrollable format, allowing you to adjust the height of the Tag List.
When using the Scrollable option you can use the “Scrollable Height” option to adjust the height of the viewable area. This setting is useful if you have a large amount of Tags on display and you do not want to whole page filled with them.
Sort Order – The Tag List can be sorted by Tag Name, Category Name, or Date in Ascending or Descending.
NOTE: If you sort the Tag List by Tag Name Order, and you have the “Tag Category Grouping” Layout set, you will see multiple Tag Category Heading appearing in your Tag List. In the example picture below the list is sorted by Tag Name order, but you will notice the duplicate “(No Category)” and “Test” category names appearing twice.
Maximum Number – If you need to limit the number of Tags on display, as opposed to having a scrollable list, then use this option to limit the number.
Include Time Stamp – This will add the Time stamp of when the Tag was assigned. It requires the use of the API to make this feature work. It works in all combinations of the Tag List layouts.
Cache the Tag Categories and Tag Names
In Infusionsoft Accounts that have a large number of Tags, if specific Tag List features were enabled or the Tag Markers activated it would take time to load up the Tags. To improve things, when the Contact Record page is loaded it will cache the Tag Categories and Tags for up to 24 Hours. The time is configurable if you need to see recent changes. On subsequent reloads it will use the cache until it expires.
By default this is set to 24 Hours. If you make changes click on the “Reset Tags Cache” button to purge the cache so that it can be rebuilt again when the Contact Record page loads again.
Linked Custom Fields
Linked Custom Fields gives you the chance to have additional Custom Fields for your Contacts, meaning you can beyond the 100 Custom Field limit. Technically, you could have up to 700 Custom Fields.
It works by using the Custom Fields that can be set up for the other sections of Infusionsoft, which are the following:
- Referral Partner
- Task / Appointment / Note
A special record is setup in the section you want to use, and it is linked to the Contact Record.
Limitations / Recommendations
- The additional custom fields should only be used for storage purposes, not for Email Communications, Campaign Builder, etc.
- Do Not Mix and Match the Custom Fields that are designed for the other section. You should use a Custom Field Section that is not being used.
- The additional custom fields will NOT be accessible on the Contact API Table. They will be accessible in the linked record API tables.
- The additional custom fields will NOT appear in any of the Infusionsoft Contact Reports.
- If you Merge Contact Records, you will have to reassign the Linked Records.
- If you delete the Linked Record, it will lose the data for the Contact.
- The Drilldown Custom Field Type is NOT available. All other Custom Field Types are available.
- If you change the Linked Name field whilst you have Linked Records, you will have to manually correct the linked records to use the new name.
Setting up the fields
To set up the fields you need to do the following:
- In Infusionsoft, add a new Upper Tab for the Contact Record via the “Admin – Settings – Custom Fields“.
- Go to the appropriate Custom Fields Section, and add in the Custom Fields you want to use.
- In Xtendin Options, go to the “Infusionsoft – CRM – Contact Record – Custom Fields“.
- Click on the “Enable Linked Custom Fields” option.
- In the Table, enter the Upper Tab Name.
- Select the item it is Linked To, which is the Custom Field Section.
- The Linked Name can be left as default. You can change this if you want to identify the Linked Contact Record differently.
- Save the Options.
- In Infusionsoft, go to a Contact Record.
- In the new Tab, it should automatically populate the Custom Fields.
- When you save the Contact Record, it will automatically create the Linked Record.
- If you edit the Contact Record, it will automatically find the Linked Record, otherwise a new one will be generated.
NOTE: It is recommended that you leave the “Linked Name” field to “Contact Record Custom Fields – [id]“. If you change it whilst you have linked records, those references will disappear, in which you will have to manually correct the records.
Example of how it looks in the tab. At the top of the tab you will see a link to the Record holding the additional Custom Fields.
The Tags Tab Options allows you to add the Tag ID into the Current Tags Table, and a Refresh Tags Button.
Show Refresh Tags Button – A new “Refresh Tags” Button is added next to the Current Tags title. The button when clicked will just refresh the Tags Table only.
Show Tag ID Column within the Table – An “Id” column is added in the Current Tags Table.
Include Time Stamp – The time of the Tag that was applied to the Contact is added to the Date. This option requires an API connection to work.
Sort Order – Allows you to specify the sort order of the Tags when it appears to you. By default this will use Infusionsoft Sort Order, which is based on Tag Category.
Note, for the Date Sorting to work correctly, you need to make sure you have specified the correct Date Format in the Application Accounts.
Note, if you click on the Table Column Headings you can sort the column in Ascending or Descending Order.
The Tasks Tab Options allow you to adjust the Notes table, and hover popups for the Form Submissions and Recent Email History sections.
Integrated Add Note – Please see the Integrate Add Note page for more information.
Notes – Please see the Notes Options page for more information.
Form Submissions – By default if you hover the mouse pointer over the Form Name Link, then you will get a preview of the form in a hover popup.
Recent Email History
By default if you hover the mouse pointer over the Email View Link, then you will get a preview of the form in a hover popup.
The option “Convert Template to searchable Template Links (Recent Emails Only)” will convert the Template column into a clickable link. When the link is clicked on, it will open the Templates page and conduct a search of the Template.
The option “Layout” allows you to change the layout of the Recent Email History section.
– Infusionsoft Default – This will make the section appear as normal.
– Entire Email History – Replaces the default layout with the popup version of the Entire Email History. It means you can search the emails within the Contact Record page.
– Entire Email History and Recent Email History – Both the default and popup version are displayed.
Show Refresh Button – The option will show the Refresh button in the Campaigns tab. Allows you to refresh the tab without having to refresh the page to see the latest Campaign Sequences.
Show Date Created Column – Shows the Date Created column in the Opportunities table. It appears to the left of the Date Updated column.
Show Order Revenue Column – Shows the Order Revenue column. It appears to the right of the table.
Show Monthly Revenue Column – Shows theMonthly Revenue column. It appears to the right of the table.
Show Projected Revenue Low Column – Shows the Order Revenue column. It appears to the right of the table.
Show Projected Revenue High Column – Shows the Order Revenue column. It appears to the right of the table.
File Box Tab
The File Box Tab Options allow you to Download All Files, Delete All Files, or Preview the Files in a Hover Popup or embedded into the Page.
NOTE: The File Box can currently only preview these file types: bmp, css, csv, docx, gif, htm, html, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, tiff, txt, text
Show Download All Files Button – Adds a button to allow you to download all the Files in one go.
Show Delete All Files Button – Adds a button to allow you to delete all the Files in one go.
Change Delete links to immediately delete file – This will make the Delete links go Red. If you click on them, it will immediately delete the file with no warning.
Show File Preview Hover Popup – When hovering over the “Download” link for the file, a popup will appear showing you the file.
Show File Contents within Page – Enabling this option will embed the contents of the file within the Attached Files Table.
NOTE: If you do enable this option, the page will take longer to load, depending on the number of files and their sizes that have to be loaded.
Show View Link – When enabled, a new “View” column is added to the Table which gives you a quick view of the File Contents. It is On by default.